Remembering.


John 14:18: "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."

My brother had a Toys 'R Us gift card, and I decided to go with him to see what he would choose with his money.  The moment I walked in, I had this huge emotion take over my whole body.  Toys.  Everywhere.  Whichever way you turned your head there were huge quantities of every toy imaginable in that store.  Legos, Nerf guns, Barbies, you know.  Toys.  "What about the kids that don't have Christmas?", I thought.  The kids that ate dirt for breakfast this morning and walked to school with no shoes.  How do we have all this? Why did God bless us with all of this?  Why are they children waiting that may never have a forever family?  I couldn't get my brain to not go to those places.  The orphan.  The orphan doesn't get Christmas.  The orphan may live on the streets and the orphan may not get dinner tonight.  The orphaned is unloved.  But why?  Why do I get to walk into a massive store filled with just toys when there are kids all over the world that didn't even get a meal today?  

That humbled me, that day.  That so many children ate dirt today, but we get to partake in toys.  We get to walk into a store dedicated to toys with full bellies and happy faces while so many don't even have anyone to love them.  That hit me.  That hit me in the deepest part of my soul.  I'm not saying it's not fair.  I'm not saying everyone should drop everything and go out and live in Africa and never go near a Toys 'R Us ever again in their life.  I'm just saying that we should have make a change.  We should care.  I don't know about you, but I'm here to do just that.

-Emma

Olivia  – (May 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM)  

yes. that's all i can say right now. i've often wondered the same thing. it's painful, but encouraging that there ARE people doing things to help (and that we can help too!).

Talia  – (May 28, 2012 at 7:02 PM)  

Amazing, Emma...thank you so much for posting this! ♥

Unknown  – (May 31, 2012 at 3:35 PM)  

This made me think. Opened my eyes a little more too. Makes me want to do more.

Post a Comment

© 2012 Project 147 | Designed by Emma Thompson. Powered by Blogger.